Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Search and Research #96

Well, this was an experiment in adding gray tones with a ballpoint pen. But...I think I wound up overshading it a bit. I'm trying to work out the best way to do this whole gray tones thing with ink. I've tried doing straight cross-hatching with my marker pens, but I don't like that for these strips for the most part. I've also tried ink wash but it wrinkles the paper on which I draw these strips. I could use markers, but they're pretty expensive, especially for a set of all the tones I'd need. Anway, I think I may be able to use a ballpoint pen to do background stuff but not pervasive darkness like this.

This is the introduction of Ayvee, the new Electronic Resources librarian. If you think about her name and her job, her name becomes funny and appropriate. Enjoy!

No comments: