Monday, November 29, 2010

Search and Research #150

Whew! It's nice to finally get this up! My co-writer Jason and I wrote this whole story arc out back in April, but this final part of the story fell during the busiest time of my entire year...beginning of the fall semester at the college at which I work. That lasted about a month an a half, at which point I had penciled about half of this "super-sized" strip. I finally got myself together and finished penciling and inking this strip. Then I started getting other artwork commissions which demanded my free time, which left me sort of scrambling to do what coloring I could during my lunch break at work. There is so much work that goes into coloring that bits and pieces just doesn't really allow you to make much progress on the overall piece. Anyway...I'm finally done with this one, and it's my great pleasure to show it to you, not only because I think that it's one of the better jobs I've ever done drawing and coloring, but because it's the epic conclusion of the "Evil Copier Saga!!" The image above is sort of bigger than usual for the strip because I want you to have to opportunity to see the coloring details. Below, I'm posting a smaller resolution image in case the one above is really too big to comfortably view on your phone or whatever. Enjoy!

Smaller version:

7 comments:

DarthCon said...

I have to admit that this whole storyline seemed a bit too "out there," but the very last frame brought it all back into perspective for me. Loved all the action and random-ness with Opal, but there were plenty of times during my tenure at a university library when I called the copy machine company with the same line. Great ending!

Eli Moody said...

Thanks Lance! This was certainly one of the more absurd story-lines we've ever done, but it is a sort of all of my frustrations with copy machines taken to an extreme, and sort of an imagining of what I think a copier would be like if it could come to life. Thanks for commenting!

- Eli

Angie said...

Great final piece! I love the artwork and I appreciate all that went into making it look so great. I can't say as I enjoyed the wait, but it was worth it. :)
-Angie

Eli Moody said...

Thanks Angie! Believe it or not, I really can't stand when it takes as long as this either. However, I'm glad you enjoy the results. :0)

- Eli

Unknown said...

Great! Well worth waiting for:-) Loved the last panel!

Eli Moody said...

Thanks Thomas!

Jason said...

Thanks guys for your comments! We had so much fun writing this story arc, and Eli did an amazing job animating it, as usual. I'm glad you guys have enjoyed it!