Thursday, October 05, 2006

Search and Research #3


** UPDATE** - I've uploaded a copy of the image that is more horizontal!!

I would like to point out a couple of things about today's strip. I am NOT picking on cataloguers here. I actually don't know any cataloguers like the one in today's strip, but my friend Bryan tells me that this is sort of a stereotype of cataloguers. I guess it is unfortunate that the story I'm basing today's strip on involves a cataloguer who fits the stereotype. I just heard the story and thought Marc's final response would tickle some people.

Also, I know that the image is running a little downhill, as opposed to parallel to your screen. It's just the way it was scanned in. I don't have a program on my computer that will allow me to do a 'free transform'. I may fix it later.

And, since the guys over at Unshelved did such a quick job of picking up this blog and telling their constituents about it, I should mention that my wife only recently put me on to them and I'm in the process of reading their archived strips. I'm through 2002 and moving on to 2003 as I have time!!! However, should I inadvertantly touch on something that they have already covered, please know that it was unintentional and must have been from strips I've not read yet.

Well, all that said...I hope you enjoy!

eli

2 comments:

Eli Moody said...

Wake, that is a REALLY funny story. I'll think about how I can fit that in. Thanks!

The Mushroom said...

Unsoliticed software suggestion: to do a 'free transform' you could use IrfanView (it's free) and when you have the image loaded click on Image, then Custom/Fine Rotation.